- Tingue Welcomes Mayor to National Sales Meetiing
- New Tingue Name Integrates Laundry Icons Tingue, Brown & Co. and Talley Machinery As One Company
- MODRoto Names J.R. Ryan to Lead 16th Largest Rotational Molder
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Promotes Ty Acton to Vice President Sales, Laundry Divisions
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Celebrates Grand Opening Of Canadian Division
- Laundry Cart Manufacturer Meese Orbitron Dunne Co. Changes Name to MODRoto
- Laundry, Textile Rental Expert J.R. Ryan Launches New Company
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Celebrates 110th Anniversary
- Talley Machinery Acquires Laundry Equipment Manufacturer Norman Control
- Lean Enterprise Accelerates Deliveries, Aids Accuracy And Ensures Inventory Availability For Laundry Product Supplier
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Installs 640 Rooftop Solar Panels And Cuts Energy Costs By 50%
- Talley Machinery Named Exclusive Distributor of Maxi-Press Extractor Membranes
- Plastics Molder Celebrates Start-Up of First Automated Rotational Molding System Serving Western USA
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Named To Represent Energenics Dust And Lint Control Equipment
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Celebrates Launch Of Asian Division
- Custom Molding Firm Earns "Product Of The Year" And "Best Large Part" At Annual Rotomolding Competition
- Tingue, Brown & Co. Educational Sessions Focus On Safety, New Technology And Product Quality At Annual Conference
- Plastics Design And Manufacturing Authority Reveals Considerations For Investing In Automation At Rotomould 2008 Presentation
- Bullish American Plastics Manufacturer Purchases Automated Rotational Molding System
Rotomolder Meese Orbitron Dunne Co. Nets Awards With Innovative Fishing Boat Hull Collaboration Yields Fishing Industry Sensation For Carolina Electric Boats
Ashtabula, OH: Plastics design and manufacturing company Meese Orbitron Dunne Co., Madison, Ind. (www.Rotomolding.com) earned the "Product of the Year" and "Best Large Part" awards in the Association of Rotational Molders International 2008 Rotomolded Products Competition. Presented at the international rotational molding exhibition Rotoplas 2008 on Oct. 23rd in Rosemont, Ill., the prestigious awards recognize outstanding product design and manufacturing with rotomolding for a breakthrough fishing boat hull that is controlled by foot pedals, may be rotated in 360 degree circles and sports two motors set within the hull to thrive in shallow waters that were previously inaccessible to motorized fishing boats.
The award is the result of a joint development project with NOVA Chemicals, Moon Township, Pa. and Midwest Patterns, Quincy, Ill., for Carolina Electric Boats, Benson, N.C., for the company's novel Twin Troller X10 electric powered boat. The award-winning hull is rotationally molded in one piece from polyethylene (NOVA Chemicals SUPRASS®) measuring 10 feet in length and four feet in width yet it weighs in at a mere 175 lbs. to permit easy loading in a pickup truck bed and comfortable towing by nearly any size vehicle. To meet demanding specifications for high strength, stiffness and buoyancy, MOD engineers devised an in-mold foaming approach that integrates several inches of foam within the hull, conferring impressive stability for two large adults. The hull was custom molded with recessed grooves for installing the foot pedals, a compartment to secure the battery, recessed channels to permit fishing rods to be set down with the reels securely inside the boat, and even a molded-in fish ruler to measure and document the size of the catch.
In addition to this 2008 award for Carolina Electric Boats, Meese Orbitron Dunne Co. has earned several "Product of the Year" and "Conversion of the Year" awards from their rotomolding peers in previous rotomolded products competitions for companies such as Callaway Golf, Hobie Brands International and Alcon Laboratories.